Jun 01 2018
Oceanteam provides high quality support to offshore contractors all over the world through its fleet of large and advanced offshore vessels (Oceanteam Shipping), and its expertise in (rental) marine equipment, cable storage & logistics and engineering (Oceanteam Solutions). Oceanteam focuses on economically and technically challenging projects for clients in the oil and gas and renewables industries. In addition, we are among the few companies in the world to combine DNV GL certified shipping and expertise and Lloyd’s ISO certified solutions and special purpose equipment in a single ‘one-stop shop’ service.
As a Technical Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of Oceanteam Solutions’ equipment base activities at Velsen Noord, The Netherlands and its personnel. This includes providing adequate resources to maintain, repair and, where necessary, determine modifications/improvements to optimize the equipment assets’ performance and reliability. You occasionally travel globally as and when required to work on our clients’ (offshore) cable handling projects and/or supervise the mobilisation and demobilisation of the company’s equipment. You ensure that all onsite activities are executed correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time in line with client expectations and quality requirements by planning, directing and coordinating the operations of these activities. You are capable of managing a team of technicians, including taking any necessary disciplinary action and you ensure technicians are assured of their roles and responsibilities.
Your general responsibilities will be:
We are looking for
- Responsible for day to day contact and guidance of the project operations and assignment within the project team;
- Advises on maintenance, repair and, where necessary, determine modifications/improvements to optimize the equipment assets’ performance and reliability;
- Responsible for the technical management of assets utilized to all clients and ensures timely follow up on technical and / or project related questions;
- Advises on ad hoc and planned maintenance, repair and modifications in line with quality, environmental and cost requirements as defined by Oceanteam Solutions and clients, such that downtime is kept to an absolute minimum;
- Responsible, from overall technical point of view, for engineering to technical equipment in liaison with third parties;
- Assists the sales and marketing department with sharing technical expertise during the tender and execution phase of a project and ensures the best practices / ultimate solutions are used in the specific project;
- Provides work schedule and cost overview per project in cooperation with the Tender Coordinator;
- Develops and maintains guidelines, procedures, templates and systems for engineering activities, according to company structure, incorporate lessons learned, and monitor disciplinary compliance to ensure efficient and effective realization of these activities;
- Responsible for the supervision of all mechanical maintenance activities when working onsite;
- Carries out onsite daily checks on company’s equipment and technical team to ensure compliance with prescribed contractual specifications;
- Liaises with the Quality Coordinator Technical Equipment on safety related matters;
- Reports to Project Responsible & Managing Director on main issues, events at site, progress reporting, trends and recommendations for improvement;
- Acts as a focal point for external parties: to interface and communicate with the client, internal and external departments, agencies, contractors and vendors;
- Carries out daily checks on company’s equipment and technical team to ensure compliance with prescribed contractual specifications;
- Works closely with client’s supervisor onsite.
candidates who are driven, and possess a can-do attitude. You have a hands-on approach and enjoy “doing the work”. You have the ability to remotely supervise multiple personnel and work scopes efficiently and effectively and to work abroad when needed.
You need to have an up to date knowledge of the offshore equipment industry and develop and maintain (offshore) cable handling and cable handling equipment expertise. You need to demonstrate competency in the diagnosis, repair and service of equipment and be able to work according our existing QHSE procedures to contribute to a safe environment of all staff.
You will be based in Velsen Noord, The Netherlands. The right candidate has a minimum of five years’ experience within the offshore equipment industry and a minimum of two years’ experience as a Technical Manager or in a similar position.
We are looking for
the following functional requirements:
- Mechanical Engineer, general technical education (LTS, MTS level) or equivalent;
- VOL VCA;
- Bosiet training (or equivalent offshore course);
- Up to date knowledge of technical aspects related to the marine assets business;
- Sufficient experience with offshore construction and deck equipment;
- Good knowledge in reading and understanding equipment layout drawings;
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Good communicative skills;
- Good communication in English (written and verbal);
- Willingness to travel in order to work offshore and abroad.
We offer a position in a global company with high growth ambitions. You will work closely with a very experienced and competent team. We offer an attractive compensation package and benefits.
For more information;
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Natasja de Jong at +31 6 23 12 23 59. Please show your interest for the position by submitting your CV and application as soon as possible, and no later than 30 June 2018 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. All applications will be treated confidentially.